From "Humility" by Andrew Murray

“The lesson is one of deep import: the only humility that is really ours is not that which we try to show before God in prayer, but that which we carry with us, and carry out in our ordinary conduct. The insignificances of daily life are the importances and the tests of eternity, because they prove what really is the spirit that posses us. It is in our most unguarded moments that we really show and see what we are. To know the humble man, to know how the humble man behaves, you must follow him in the common course of daily life.”

I have been journaling and praying and talking about humility and the motivation for wanting it for quite a while now. This morning during a break from studying for the message this week I read the above quote and it nailed the thought that I have been chasing for weeks now.

After reading it this was my prayer that followed and is the vision for me at this moment..."God, I long for this because it is pleasing to you and life giving to me and follow worthy for those I shepherd."

0 comments: