Wisdom from Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards was a preacher/theologian who lived in American colonies in the early to mid 1700's. He has a sermon with this title:: "The Hearing and Keeping the Word of God Renders a Person More Blessed Than Any Other Privilege That God Ever Bestowed on Any of the Children of Men."

What a great title, I feel inspired and preached to having read the title alone. It is also what I have been harping about in my own head and from my lips for the last bit of weeks. I pray that I would be convinced of the truth of that title, that I would believe God in the beatitudes.

My prayers curiously have great fervor and vigor yet very little hope of being answered. Which leads me to a greater understanding of my weak flesh that wants me to bless me. Digression has brought me away from the point.

The foremost point of this blog entry is that hearing and keeping the word of God brings a level of severely intense satisfaction that is unmatched in any realm. I shout this prayer for me and my hearers.

1 comments:

Dental Altamonte Springs said...

He is indeed very inspiring.