Baptism of Repentance

Mark 1:4 says that John appeard, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance.

I preached alot this summer about repentance and used this verse in the set up. But I missed this until this morning, "proclaiming a baptism of repentance. That words means immersion or submersion. Either way, it means put yourself fully and wholly into something.

John's call to those he encountered was to "immerse yourself in repentance." I was thinking just yesterday about how those messages I got to preach this summer impacted my own heart. I was fearful that I had moved past them and onto the next thing that Jesus was talking to me about.

I have prayed for my heart and yours today that Jesus would remind us to live this life immersed in repentance.

Further study on repentance::

North Church sermons on repentance

The two sermons on repentance are from May 24 and 31

A Spurgeon manuscript on repentance

An A W Pink mini book on repentance

All of Life is Repentance by Tim Keller

0 comments: