A Clear and Present Battle

Fact: There is currently a high level of spiritual battle and restlessness present within many that I am close to and those close to those I am close to.

I have heard many statements like these lately, "I feel like I am under attack", "I need you to pray for me" and other general thoughts about knowing truths about God, but believing lies about myself or God's plan for me. I could get more specific, but for the sake of the public nature of this forum, we will leave it there. The point is that we all are in desperate need of God to minister peace, love and perspective to our souls.

When I say minister, I mean he is pouring into us from and unending fountain the things that we lack. Like a pitcher pouring into an empty glass, we are in need of God to minister to our souls. I use the word soul to convey a depth way below the surface; so deep that it impacts our view of every situation in our lives.

I am praying this for many. I am praying it for specific people and I am praying it for general people. By that I mean people who have needs that I am not aware of. If this is you, please email me here rik@northchurchstl.com. God is pressing in on my spirit with an absolute need to do spiritual battle, please email me. God is leading me to pray for you.

God has ministered his peace to me through his word lately with these scriptures, perhaps they may be of some help to you now.

Psalms 37
Matthew 11:28-30
Psalms 130
Romans 11:33-36
Philippians 4:4-9
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
James 1:12
Psalm 20:6-7
Philippians 1:6

I leave you with a little something I wrote during an especially great time with God:
Hope is found in you, so I endure.
Peace is given by you, so I rest.
Grace is found in you, so I am free.
Mercy is given by you, so I breathe.

You have created meekness in me, so I look at your dealings with me and declare to to be good.
You have created steadfastness in me, so I see your suffering son and that image upholds my spirit.

Thanks for reading and may your soul find rest today in the Steadfast Love of God.

0 comments: