Psalm 43

Yesterday I preached from Psalm 43. In that sermon, I talked about the need for us to read this Psalm consistently, to preach it to ourselves with repetition. Take a minute to read it. There are some great phrases here. Think on the ones that jump out at you.

By reading this over and over and thinking deeply about the phrasing, you are pressing the very character of God into your soul. This is the gift of the Psalms, cherish them, pray them.

Psalm 43::
 Vindicate me, O God, and defend my cause
        against an ungodly people,
    from the deceitful and unjust man
        deliver me!
    For you are the God in whom I take refuge;
        why have you rejected me?
    Why do I go about mourning
        because of the oppression of the enemy?
    Send out your light and your truth;
        let them lead me;
    let them bring me to your holy hill
        and to your dwelling!
    Then I will go to the altar of God,
        to God my exceeding joy,
    and I will praise you with the lyre,
        O God, my God.
    Why are you cast down, O my soul,
        and why are you in turmoil within me?
    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
        my salvation and my God.



0 comments: