Advent 2009:: The Coming LOVE Tuesday

Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Think of the person that you love the most. For me it is my wife. I am a pretty decent husband. My wife tells me I am. She tells me that I love her well and that she feels loved by me.

When I read the verses in 1 Corinthians that you just read, I am embarrassed of my love. I am not always kind or patient. I am often proud and rude and easily angered. I hold wrongs against my wife. I am not always protective, trusting or hopeful. I am a failure at the Biblical definition of love.

I am that way with the person I love the most. The bad news is that you're the same way. The good news is that Jesus does not care. He came as love to show us how to love, knowing we would not ever do it fully. But He came anyway.

That is the beauty of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our failure does not diminish our acceptance. I want to say that again in a more personal way. Your failure does not diminish your acceptance. The love of God overcomes your failure, and it is not dependant upon you in any way. Jesus is the perfect love; it is love that has no condition.

0 comments: