Faith= Trust + Surrender

In the sermon this week we looked at Galatians 3:15-29. We centered the message around the conclusion of the this passage, in particular Galatians 3:26. You can listen to it here.

Faith is such a key component of who we are in Christ. It is also a WAY misunderstood concept. Faith as a word in our cultural context is so little compared to what it means in respect to your relationship with Jesus. Faith is where trust and surrender meet. Here are some definitions that I came up with in the sermon Sunday.

Trust- I believe with all that I am that you have my best interest in mind and that you are able to come through on what you have promised. I believe you.

Surrender- I bet my life on that trust. I quit trying to do something that I cannot do. I ask you to expel my desires and replace them with your own. I die to myself.


These are big words, big concepts for us to wrestle with. If we really wrestle with them, much of who we are and much of our motivations have to change. Take some time this day to meditate on these definitions and how they shape your faith and your relationship to God.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Post them here or email them to me.

1 comments:

Jimmy Mustion said...

Faith and trust. Seems i still cant get this one down! good blog!