Servitude

I have just finished studying through the book of Mark in very broad survey sort of way for the purpose of having clear direction for our new series on the book.

There are many big themes that I have seen and hope to bring out. One of those themes is how Jesus was always serving. This is a clue we can take from Jesus as we lead in the ways that God has called us to lead.

If you are reading this, chances are you know that the major theme of my life and my church is to emphasize and teach on the importance of Biblical marriages, and for men to rise up and lead their families well. So many times we misunderstand what it means to lead our wives. We see leadership as a strong hand. We can take an attitude that says, "this is how it is going to be, I am the leader".

There is an old saying that goes something like this..."The sexiest thing a man can do is wash the dishes." My wife has confirmed this saying, and I can confirm through experience that she actually believes that to be true. But do not lose the Biblical truth in there. When we serve we bring out our wives. My wife knows that I love her most when I am serving her.

The same principle applies to my kids and to the people that call North Church home. They all feel loved when I am serving them. Find the areas in your life where God has made you a leader, then act like Jesus to them and serve them.

0 comments: