This post is really not all about football

I really hoping that Oklahoma wins the College Footbal National Championship game tommorow. Mostly because I have some friends who are big OU fans. But, my mind is begining to change.

Last year Florida's QB (Tim Tebow) won the Heisman trophy. In my head he was the product of the system that was designed to run up the score and get him lots of touchdowns, plus my guy was Chase Daniel, from Mizzou, and I was biased againts Tim because I wanted to Chase to win it. But my mind has defeintely changed.

Read these quotes from Tim Tebow. Read them and then think about him being a young BMOC at the university of Florida with the world at his finger tips. Read them and think about how you steward your gifts. (money, talent, time, energy etc.)

"You know, everybody, they can look and say how easy it is. But it's definitely not that easy. The difference is 'cause not many people want to wake up at 5, go through workouts, go speak to young kids, go back, eat lunch, go to class, go to tutoring, go speak at a prison at night, come back. I mean, more people would do those things; they just don't want to sacrifice.

"You know, there's a lot of leaders out there. But, unfortunately, there aren't a lot of good ones. So that's always been my dream and my goal, is to be someone like Danny Wuerffel was to me, to be someone that a parent can say, 'Hey, this kid did it the right way.' That's always been my dream and my goal more so than winning a trophy or winning a championship.

"So if it's cynical or whatnot, that's fine. If people don't believe it, that's fine. There's always going to be naysayers, people that are going to say it's fake. But that's fine because you can't control everybody. But I can control what I do, my attitude, how I approach the situation. So how I approach the situation is I want to do everything in my power that football gives me to influence as many people as I can for the good because that's gonna mean so much more when it's all said and done than just playing football and winning championships."

0 comments: