Something from my brain

I have been reminded a lot lately of a couple of phrases. “Brokenness always precedes redemption” and “In the midst of brokenness look to the coming redemption.” The truth of this is astounding and we must grab onto it.

“See the bird with a leaf in her mouth, after the flood all the colors came out. It was a beautiful day, don’t let it get away.” -Bono from “A Beautiful Day”

Even in the midst of the flood, do not let the day that all the colors will come out get away. It is coming.

I have been over come by this passage for about a week now. It is a familiar passage. Those are the most dangerous passages, because we think that we know them well. We think that we have learned all that they can say to our souls. We are wrong if we think that. So read this passage and read it slow. Read it really slow. Stop on one word if it attacks your heart. Live at that one word all day, or all week.

1Co 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant
1Co 13:5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
1Co 13:6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
1Co 13:7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

These words cut me to core. There are four people/groups of people that I want to love. The first is God. The second is my bride. The third is the people in my church. The last is everyone else.

I love none of them in this way. Yet my God loves me with all these attributes. He does so in spite of me.

0 comments: